The Women’s Rugby programme is for players of all standards, no previous experience is necessary, but a desire to learn and improve is essential. Players may access up to six hours per week of rugby related activities, which will include coaching, fitness sessions and skills work.
The College plays within the British Colleges Sport League and Cup as well as friendly matches and tournaments at 15s, 10s and 7s. Fixtures are predominantly on Wednesday afternoons and do include a number of overnight stays due to the distance travelled to fi nd opponents.
In recent years the team has been very successful – in 2010 they were runners up at the National Schools 7s at Rosslyn Park, British Colleges South West Champions and Regional 10s Winners.
Players are given the opportunity to represent the College at South West and English Colleges level as well as encouraged to play in county and regional set up within the RFUW player pathway. The Academy is aiming to be the development centre for Women’s Rugby in the region and has already established links with several local clubs including Penryn Ladies and Newquay Queen Bees U18s.
- 2010/2012 – Charlie Notman and Kayleigh Callaway-Bawden – England U20s
- 2012 – Lauren Chenoweth – England U20s • 2013 – 3 players in British Colleges South West 10s squad
- 2010 Finalists at National Schools 7s
- 2010 and 2011 Bowl Winners at Berkhamsted 7s
- 2010, 2011 and 2012 South West 10s Champions