You can become successful salon and spa managers whilst developing your therapeutic skills and techniques. It is aimed at those currently working in the salon and spa industries or those who aspire to such careers. The timetable has been designed to give you the opportunity to balance college attendance with other commitments.
The courses combines management training with technical skills. It provides the skill and knowledge required to function at a higher level in a salon or spa, yet at the same time developing skills such as team building, evaluation, analysis and problem solving.
Two years Full-time
Part-time also available
GCSE Level: 4 subjects at GCSE including English and Maths at Grade C or above
Together with one of the following:
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in a relevant subject
- Applications from mature students without these qualifications and with a relevant background will be considered on an individual basis. Professional experience will be considered for accreditation of prior learning. Professionals seeking CPD will be assessed similarly.
- National and Advanced Diplomas in a relevant subject are accepted as a progression to a Foundation Degree.
Prospective students will be required to successfully complete a Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly Criminal Records Bureau).
Please note, additional costs may be incurred for a Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly Criminal Records Bureau) and if any equipment, resources or trips need to be purchased.
For full-time study, apply online at www.ucas.com
Click here to download the part-time application form
UCAS Institution: Truro (based at the Penwith campus)
UCAS Institution Code: T85
UCAS Course Code: N296
UCAS Course Title: FdSC/SSM
- Professional Development
- Managing People
- Human Biological Sciences
- Business Law
- Creative Salon Promotion
- Spa Treatments
- Advanced Massage Therapies
- Advanced Creative Hair Cutting Techniques
- Advanced Creative Hair Colouring and Colour Correction
- Business Planning
- Managing Finance
- Strategic Marketing
- Client Health Management
- Advanced Epilation
- Advanced Facial Techniques
- Research Methods
- Business Strategy with Economy in Society
- Advanced Techniques in Style Design
- Hair, Skin and Scalp Conditions, Diseases and Treatments
Please note optional modules are offered subject to sufficient numbers of students.
Students will be assessed through a combination of written assignments, reports, portfolios, presentations and examinations.
Graduates can progress to the BSc International Spa Management (online) final year from the University of Derby or the BA (Hons) Business Administration at Plymouth University. Graduates wishing to return to professional practice will have the skills and attributes to enable rapid career development.
Higher Education Department
Telephone: 01872 267122