This qualification has been designed to reflect the work of individuals, who undertake activities at level 3, working directly with clients, disseminating if in advice and some level of guidance. Designed for individuals who work directly with people, whose work includes clear guidelines in the practice of advice and guidance, who work in designated advice and/ or guidance organisations and whose role is to provide information that is often interpreted by others.
- Establish communication with clients for advice and guidance
- Support clients to make use of the advice and guidance service
- Review own contribution to the service
- Understand importance of legalisation and procedures
Optional Units (select 4)
- Develop interactions with advice and guidance clients
- Interact with clients using a range of media
- Assist advice and guidance clients to decide on a course of action
- Prepare clients through advice and guidance for the implementation of a course of action
- Assist clients through advice and guidance to review their achievement of a course of action
- Negotiate on behalf of advice and guidance clients
- Liaise with other services
- Enable advice and guidance clients to access referral opportunities
- Manage personal case load
- Evaluate and develop own contribution to the service
- Operate within networks
- Provide and maintain information for materials for use in the service
- Identify and promote the contribution of Careers Education Guidance (CEG) within the organisation
- Promote Careers Education Guidance (CEG)
- Facilitate learning in groups
The Advice and Guidance NVQ will standardise and benchmark delivery within the sector.
The Advice and Guidance NVQ will enable the individual to reflect on their working practices and help build confidence.
A number of taught sessions at the College and a one day induction. Plus regular workplace visits, online learning and self directed study.
In addition to regular workplace visits, additional reading and work will need to be completed.
The NVQ assessment is through the completion of a portfolio of evidence.
Progression through Truro and Penwith College:
- Advice and Guidance Diploma Level 4
- £1500 and certification and registration fees
Why Choose Truro and Penwith College Business Centre?
- One of the top ten Colleges in the UK
- Awarded the Training Quality Standard for providing outstanding training and development for employers
- Designated Outstanding status by Ofsted (2008)
How does our training benefit your business?
- Our training improved the profits of 35% of the businesses we work with
- 68% of businesses became more efficient after training with us
- Training helped 84% of businesses we work with improve staff performance
For further information and an application form please contact:
Denise Caff, Truro and Penwith College, Palace Building, Quay Street, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 2HE. Tel: 01872 242711
Truro and Penwith College offers free impartial advice and guidance on all courses.
For terms and conditions of use see are website: http://www.truro-penwith.ac.uk/business/
Truro and Penwith College Business Centre
Telephone: 01872 242711
Our postal address is:
Truro College Business Centre
Truro College Business Centre is open from Monday – Friday 08.30 – 17.00