The Level 5 Advanced Apprenticeship in Management is ideal for middle and senior managers with a wide span of control and accountability for performance, in particular those with responsibility for determining resource allocation and operational methods in their department or organisation. The programme has been specially designed to give practising managers a solid foundation for their formal development, building up a wide range of management skills and gaining the comprehensive leadership and management knowledge required, via the Level 5 VRQ Diploma in Leadership and Management. Throughout the programme, learners will utilise facilitated action learning techniques to increase personal leadership capabilities. Learners gain valuable applied workplace learning through the Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Management, enabling them to implement organisational innovation and improvement.
Level 5 VRQ Diploma in Leadership and Management
- Assess own leadership capability & performance
- Improving own leadership performance through action learning
- Understand the management role
- Develop critical thinking
- Lead innovation & change
- Managing work analysis
- Understand the organisational environment
- Managing for effectiveness and efficiency
Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Management
- Provide leadership & direction
- Work productively with colleagues and stakeholders
- Develop and evaluate plans for own area
- Plan change in own area
- Plan allocate & monitor work in own area of responsibility
- Monitor & review business processes
- Develop working relationships with colleagues & stakeholders
- Manage risk in own area of responsibility
Plus Functional skills in Maths and English, Personal Learning and Thinking Skills and Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Improved understanding and confidence of middle and senior management teams enabling enhanced organisational performance, through improved communication, teamwork and leadership skills. Tangible benefits can include improved productivity, efficiency and staff retention.
Who is this course for?
This programme is perfect for existing middle and senior managers looking for a formal training programme and accredited qualification. It provides an excellent opportunity to reflect on current practice then identify and implement improvements in a supportive and structured environment.
Completing an Apprenticeship is a great way to gain practical work experience, develop your skills and knowledge, achieve nationally recognised qualifications and earn a real wage. Developing your skills as a manager will give you more confidence, a greater understanding of your role, improved skills and career opportunities helping you and your team to achieve more.
This Apprenticeship is achieved by attending taught sessions, completing 7 written assignments, a work-based portfolio of eight NVQ units, and doing timed and work-based assessments.
32 taught days over 18 months. There is a significant amount of research and written work to be completed between taught sessions.
Why Choose Truro and Penwith College Business Centre?
- One of the Top Ten Colleges in the UK
- Awarded the Training Quality Standard for providing outstanding training and development for employers
- Designated Outstanding status by Ofsted (2008)
How does our training benefit your business?
- Our training improved the profits of 35% of the businesses we work with
- 68% of businesses became more efficient after training with us
- Training helped 84% of businesses we work with improve staff performance
For further information and an application form please contact: Denise Caff, Truro and Penwith College, Palace Building, Quay Street, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 2HE. Tel: 01872 242711 Truro and Penwith College offers free impartial advice and guidance on all courses. For terms and conditions of use see are website: http://www.truro-penwith.ac.uk/business/
Truro and Penwith College Business Centre
Telephone: 01872 242711
Our postal address is:
Truro College Business Centre
Truro College Business Centre is open from Monday – Friday 08.30 – 17.00