Institute of Retail Motor Industry deals with the repair and maintenance of all types of vehicles, from mopeds to lorries. As an apprentice, you could work for a dealership and focus on a particular manufacturer, or work for an independent garage that deals with many different makes of vehicles. You’ll be working in a service technician type role, carrying out routine maintenance and basic repairs, as well as identifying and reporting faults. Vehicle repair is challenging, hands-on work – every vehicle will present a new problem to solve. You’ll also need good communication skills in order to explain everything to the customer, but you’ll feel satisfied when the job’s done and that car is back on the road.
This Apprenticeship includes the following elements:
- Level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Competence
- Level 2 Diploma in light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Mathematics
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English
- Level 1 Functional Skills in ICT
Training your staff through the Apprenticeship programme will help increase productivity, improve skills, raise customer service levels, improve morale and boost profits.
Completing an Apprenticeship is a great way to enhance your career prospects, develop your skills and knowledge, and achieve nationally recognised qualifications.
Apprenticeships are achieved through a blended learning approach, incorporating taught sessions, workplace learning, assessments and online learning. One-to-one support, tuition and advice are available from our team of experienced and qualified tutors, assessors and advisers.
A two year taught programme including; a one day induction, one day per week in College and taught sessions for Functional skills (if applicable). With regular workplace visits and online learning and self directed study.
This Apprenticeship is achieved by attending taught sessions, completing a work-based portfolio and doing timed and work-based assessments.
Progression through Truro and Penwith College:
- Motor Vehicle Advanced Apprenticeship
The majority of the training costs delivered by the College for Apprenticeships are funded. There is a required employer contribution towards this as follows:
- Apprentices aged 16 – 18 = Free
- Apprentices aged 19+ = £250.00 Employer Contribution or £500 for large employers
Employers must pay Apprentices a wage (minimum of £2.65 per hour). Apprenticeships at Truro and Penwith College are only available to businesses in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
Why Choose Truro and Penwith College Business Centre?
- One of the top ten Colleges in the UK
- Awarded the Training Quality Standard for providing outstanding training and development for employers
- Designated Outstanding status by Ofsted (2008)
How does our training benefit your business?
- Our training improved the profits of 35% of the businesses we work with
- 68% of businesses became more efficient after training with us
- Training helped 84% of businesses we work with improve staff performance
For further information and an application form please contact:
Denise Caff, Truro and Penwith College, Palace Building, Quay Street, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 2HE Tel: 01872 242711
Truro and Penwith College offers free impartial advice and guidance on all courses.
For terms and conditions of use see are website: http://www.truro-penwith.ac.uk/business/