This course is ideal for managers and business owners needing to understand the purpose, practices and tools of a range of recognised business improvement techniques. It examines techniques both from the organisational and human perspective whilst exploring the impact of change created when improvement programmes are undertaken.
It will give you sufficient information to make an informed choice regarding which technique to deploy in your organisation. The challenges and issues of the whole lifecycle (investigating, planning, executing and measuring) will be explored.
What will I learn?
- Context and purpose of business improvement within organisations
- Consideration of a range of models for business improvement
- (Business Process Re-engineering, 6 Sigma, Lean, Kaizen, TQM, EFQM, Quality Circles)
- Preparing to re-engineer – identifying your business processes, identifying customer needs, identifying the problem, identifying the benefits
- Change management principles and practices in overview
- Managing the changes – the human factor
- Measuring the results
Course Cost: £590
Funding Available If you are employed within a private sector business and do not already have a similar qualification at this level it is likely that due to current funding you will only have to pay
Assessment Method 100% coursework. By the end of the course you will have developed a plan for implementing and measuring demonstrable Business Improvement through re-engineering your business processes. Self-study outside taught classes is required.
Progression You could study another single topic SUCCESS course or attain a Certificate in Professional development by completing any three modules of your choice. You could also progress to FdA Managing Business Resources.
Additional Information This course is a module from a Foundation Degree at Truro and Penwith College. It is 20 credit module at Level 4 accredited by Plymouth University.