This 3 day programme, held over 6 weeks, is specifically designed to give practising or aspiring team leaders a solid foundation in their formal development as a leader. The Award is a concise qualification designed to give learners a knowledge of the various roles, functions and responsibilities of team leaders and the limits of their authority and accountability.
Topics covered include:
Developing Yourself as a Team Leader
- Characteristics of a good team leader
- Feedback and SWOT analysis
- Development plans and SMART objectives
- Prioritising and managing your time
Improving Performance of the work team
- Improving Performance of the work Team
- Organisational Performance requirements
- Addressing under performance
Planning and monitoring work
- Planning targets and objectives
- Motivating your Team
- Quality control and monitoring
Developing team leaders and managers will help your business and your employees get better results by improving motivation, communication and skills.
Developing your skills as a team leader or manager will give you more confidence, skills and career opportunities helping you and your team to achieve more.
This qualification is delivered through taught sessions including a mixture of taught theory, group activities and discussions.
3 taught days (over 6 weeks). Assignments will need to be completed outside of the classroom.
This qualification is assessed by three written assignments.
£550 (plus registration and certification)
Why Choose Truro and Penwith College Business Centre?
- One of the Top Ten Colleges in the UK
- Awarded the Training Quality Standard for providing outstanding training and development for employers
- Designated Outstanding status by Ofsted (2008)
How does our training benefit your business?
- Our training improved the profits of 35% of the businesses we work with
- 68% of businesses became more efficient after training with us
- Training helped 84% of businesses we work with improve staff performance
For further information and an application form please contact:
Denise Caff, Truro and Penwith College, Palace Building, Quay Street, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 2HE. Tel: 01872 242711
Truro and Penwith College offers free impartial advice and guidance on all courses.
For terms and conditions of use see are website: http://www.truro-penwith.ac.uk/business/
Truro and Penwith College Business Centre
Telephone: 01872 242711
Our postal address is:
Truro College Business Centre
Truro College Business Centre is open from Monday – Friday 08.30 – 17.00