This 9 day programme, held over 18 weeks, is specifically designed to give practising or aspiring team leaders a solid foundation in their formal development as a leader.
This qualification is designed to give learners a sound knowledge of the various roles, functions and responsibilities of team leaders and the limits of their authority and accountability. The mandatory unit in “Developing yourself as a team leader,” is a good starting point for team leaders who are new to their roles or for aspiring leaders who wish to gain a solid understanding of the principles and practicalities of team leading.
The programme will focus on leadership and development of teams, management of resources, health and safety and professional development.
- Developing Yourself as a Team Leader
- Improving performance of the work tea,
- Planning and Monitoring Work
- Motivating the Team
- Health and Safety
- Leading your work team
- Workplace Communication
- Understanding change in the workplace
- Meeting customer needs managing yourself
Developing team leaders and managers will help your business and your employees get better results by improving motivation, communication and skills.
Developing your skills as a team leader or manager will give you more confidence, skills and career opportunities helping you and your team to achieve more.
This programme is delivered as a taught course with interactive sessions and activities.
- 9 taught days (over 18 weeks) and at least 2 workplace assessment visits.
- Significant amount of written work to be completed between taught sessions.
8 written assignments, 1 short answer paper.
£750 (plus registration and certification)
Why Choose Truro and Penwith College Business Centre?
- One of the Top Ten Colleges in the UK
- Awarded the Training Quality Standard for providing outstanding training and development for employers
- Designated Outstanding status by Ofsted (2008)
How does our training benefit your business?
- Our training improved the profits of 35% of the businesses we work with
- 68% of businesses became more efficient after training with us
- Training helped 84% of businesses we work with improve staff performance
For further information and an application form please contact:
Denise Caff, Truro and Penwith College, Palace Building, Quay Street, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 2HE. Tel: 01872 242711
Truro and Penwith College offers free impartial advice and guidance on all courses.
For terms and conditions of use see are website: http://www.truro-penwith.ac.uk/business/