Players can access up to six hours of rugby related activities each week, including coaching, fitness sessions and skills work.
The College plays within the British Colleges Sport League and Cup as well as friendly matches and tournaments at 15s, 10s and 7s. Fixtures are predominantly on Wednesday afternoons and include a number of overnight stays due to the distance travelled to find opponents.
In recent years the team has been very successful – in 2010 they were runners up at the National Schools 7s at Rosslyn Park, British Colleges South West Champions and Regional 10s Winners.
Players are given the opportunity to represent the College at South West and English Colleges level, and encouraged to play in county and regional set up within the RFUW player pathway. The Academy is aiming to be the development centre for Women’s Rugby in the region and has already established links with several local clubs including Penryn Ladies and Newquay Queen Bees U18s.
- 2010 Finalists at National Schools 7s.
- 2010 and 2011 Bowl Winners at Berkhamsted 7s.
- 2010, 2011 and 2012 South West 10s Champions.
- 2010/2012 – Charlie Notman and Kayleigh Callaway-Bawden, England U20s.
- 2012 – Lauren Chenoweth, England U20s.
- 2013 – three players in British Colleges South West 10s squad.