Players can take part in up to six hours of rugby-related activities each week, including coaching, fitness sessions and skills work.
The College plays within the British Colleges Sport League and Cup, while also participating in friendly matches and tournaments at 15s, 10s and 7s. Fixtures are predominantly on Wednesday afternoons and include a number of overnight stays due to distant away games.
In recent years the team has been very successful – in 2010 they were runners up at the National Schools 7s at Rosslyn Park, won the Regional 10s and were British Colleges South West Champions.
Players are given the opportunity to represent the College at South West and English Colleges level, and encouraged to play in county and regional games set up within the RFUW player pathway. The Academy is aiming to be the development centre for women’s rugby in the region and has already established links with several local clubs including Penryn Ladies and Newquay Queen Bees U18s.
- 2010 – Finalists at National Schools 7s.
- 2010 and 2011 – Bowl Winners at Berkhamsted 7s.
- 2010, 2011 and 2012 – South West 10s Champions.
- Charlie Notman and Kayleigh Callaway-Bawden, England U20s – 2010/2012.
- Lauren Chenoweth, England U20s – 2012.
- Three players in British Colleges South West 10s squad – 2013.