Architectural and Town Planning Technicians
Architectural and town planning technicians perform a variety of technical support functions to assist architects and planners with the design of buildings and the layout of urban and rural areas.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £19,100.39. Normal pay is £28,387 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £45,821.80.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Checks that completed work conforms to specifications.
- Issues development permits as authorised.
- Surveys land and property uses and prepares report for planning authority.
- Liaises with engineers and building contractors regarding technical construction problems and attends site meetings on behalf of architect.
- Prepares building plans, drawings and specifications for use by contractors.
- Investigates proposed design with regard to practicality, cost and use.