Draughtspersons prepare technical drawings, plans, maps, charts and similar items.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £21,134.04. Normal pay is £29,511 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £47,636.68.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Arranges for completed drawings to be reproduced for use as working drawings.
- Prepares detailed drawings, plans, charts or maps that include natural features, desired surface finish, elevations, electrical circuitry and other details as required.
- Prepares design drawings, plans or sketches and checks feasibility of construction and compliance with safety regulations.
- Considers the suitability of different materials with regard to the dimensions and weight and calculates the likely fatigue, stresses, tolerances, bonds and threads.
- Examines design specification to determine general requirements.