Florists sell flowers and related products in a wholesale or retail business, and design and make up floral bouquets, wreaths, tributes and other floral arrangements for sale to the public.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £3,183.10. Normal pay is £6,823 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £10,436.36.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Sells flowers, plants, foliage etc. to the public and performs retail duties such as keeping accounts.
- Decorates buildings, halls, churches or other facilities for parties, weddings, etc..
- Confers with and advises customers regarding their design requirements and arranges for the delivery of floral arrangements as requested by the customer.
- Designs and makes up wreaths, bouquets, posies, corsages, headdresses and button holes using appropriate flowers, foliage, frame and trimmings.
- Displays and cares for flowers, plants and ready-made floral arrangements in selling premises.
- Orders and purchases fresh flowers, foliage and other floristry items such as ribbons, wire, cards, artificial flowers etc. from wholesalers or growers.