IT engineers install, maintain and repair the physical components of computer systems and equipment.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £14,720.47. Normal pay is £28,463 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £37,315.04.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Maintains documentation to track and log work in progress and completed.
- Advises on and installs operating soft/firm ware and may carry out upgrades.
- Repairs or replaces defective components.
- Diagnoses hardware related faults.
- Installs, tests and maintains computer-related hardware (processors, memory chips, circuit boards, displays, sensors, data storage devices, printers, etc.) according to given specifications.