Metal Plate Workers, and Riveters
Metal plate workers and riveters mark off, drill, shape, position, rivet and seal metal plates and girders to form structures and frameworks.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £18,079.25. Normal pay is £28,947 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £43,676.62.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Seals seams with caulking compound, smoothes welds, fixes metal doors, metal collars, portholes, tank and hatch covers and performs other metal plate finishing tasks using a variety of hand and power tools.
- Selects suitable rivets and rivets together metal plates and girders.
- Uses hydraulic jacks to position and align metal platework or frame for welding and bolting.
- Uses machine tools to bend, curve, punch, drill and straighten metal plate as required.
- Cuts metal plate to markings using hand or machine tools.
- Examines drawings and specifications and uses rules, scribes and punches to mark out metal plate with guidelines and reference points.