Moulders, Core Makers and Die Casters
Moulders, core makers and die casters make sand, loam and plaster moulds and cores for casting metal and pour or inject molten metal into dies by hand or machine.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £13,324.05. Normal pay is £21,333 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £32,188.79.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Prepares casting pit with vents to allow the escape of gases, scoops molten metal from furnace using ladle and pours it into die or die casting machine.
- Fits cores in mould to form hollow parts in casting.
- Applies refractory bonding solution to moulds and dies to prevent molten metal fusing with sand.
- Separates mould from pattern and repairs damage or imperfections in mould surfaces.
- Transfers mould unit to oven for baking or hardens by injecting carbon dioxide.
- Positions moulding frame over pattern, fills it with sand, loam, or plaster and compacts by hand or machine.