Ophthalmic opticians test patients’ vision, diagnose defects and disorders and prescribe glasses or contact lenses as required.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £16,616.04. Normal pay is £36,782 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £82,428.33.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Carries out research with glass and lens manufacturers.
- Refers patient to a specialist, where necessary.
- Advises patient on proper use of glasses, contact lenses and other aids, and on appropriate lighting conditions for reading and working.
- Prescribes, supplies and fits appropriate spectacle lenses, contact lenses and other aids.
- Examines eyes and tests vision of patient, identifies problems, defects, injuries and ill health.