Shopkeepers and Proprietors – Wholesale and Retail
Shopkeepers and proprietors in this unit group co-ordinate, direct and undertake the activities in the running of small, independent retail and wholesale establishments.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £13,903.52. Normal pay is £29,190 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £53,853.37.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Examines quality of merchandise and ensures that effective use is made of advertising and display facilities.
- Authorises payment for supplies received and decides on vending price and credit terms.
- Maintains financial and other shop records and controls security arrangements for the premises.
- Ensures that adequate reserves of merchandise are held and orders new stock as required.
- Provides information about merchandise to staff and customers and ensures customer complaints are appropriately dealt with.
- Oversees staff training, rotas and the allocation of work.
- Determines staffing, financial, material and other short- and long-term requirements.
- Defines the market position for the business, decides what to sell, forecasts demand and develops the brand image of the business.