Solicitors advise and act on behalf of individuals, organisations, businesses and government departments in legal matters.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £19,375.31. Normal pay is £36,991 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £67,330.79.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Represents clients in court.
- Scrutinises statements, reports and legal documents relevant to the case being undertaken and prepares papers for court.
- Instructs counsel in higher and lower courts and pleads cases in lower courts as appropriate.
- Undertakes legal business on behalf of client in areas of business law, criminal law, probate, conveyancing and litigation, and acts as trustee or executor if required.
- Draws up contracts, leases, wills and other legal documents.