Top Course Highlights
Join an exciting industry
Fantastic industry links
Learn from sector experts
You will be taught by staff with extensive experience who will advance your knowledge and skills to meet the expectations of the engineering and space industries.
Enjoy Professional Environments
Enjoy modern workshops that are second to none within a further education setting, with a wide range of different machines, tools, testing rigs and equipment.
Develop skills in line with industry needs
Learn skills that are required in the space industry, enhancing not only your knowledge and practical ability but also your future employability.
What Will I Learn?
You will learn about areas such as the design and operation of communications subsystems in the specific context of space missions and ground stations, end-to-end space mission design, including customer requirements, the constraints on a space mission, and development of a Concept of Operations (ConOps). This allows for a fascinating insight into the many different facets and specialism that can be followed in this current and exciting area of study and employment.
- Engineering Design
- Engineering Maths
- Engineering Science
- Managing a Professional Engineering Project
- Computer Aided Design and Manufacture (CAD/CAM)
- Programming for Engineering
- Space Environment and Applications
- Space Technologies and Manufacturing
* Modules may be subject to change
Where Will It Take Me?
The HNC and HND Space Technologies, would enable you to progress onto further Higher Education studies (at other providers) on programmes such as the BEng degree apprenticeship in space systems engineering or BEng in aerospace engineering. Alternatively, you would be well prepared to go straight into the workplace in roles including:
- Advanced Manufacturing Technician
- Assembly Technician
- Control and Instrumentation Engineering Technician
- Electrical or Electronic Engineering Technician
- Integration and Test Technician
- Materials and Chemical Engineering Technician
- Quality and Product Assurance Technician
- Satellite Communications Technician
- Satellite Manufacturing Technician
- Spacecraft Mechanical Engineering Technician
- Spacecraft Propulsion Engineering Technician
48 UCAS points from a relevant Level 3 qualification and English and Maths at Grade C/4 or above.
UCAS Code: HNC -H400 / HND – H410
HNC Full-time 1 Year/ Part-time 2 years
HND Full-time 2 years/ Part-time 4 years
Location: Truro Campus
Awarding Body: Pearson
Want to talk to someone?
Do you have a question that we haven't answered so far? Talk to our admissions team. We're here Monday-Friday 8.30am-4.30pm.