This Level 2 qualification is for learners with an interest in gaining knowledge in diagnosing, rectifying and recalibrating Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS). It offers an introduction to this specialised industry sector which, in addition to complimenting their current industry qualifications and experience, will enable learners to continue to work safely within their role. These roles can include, but are not exclusive, to:
- maintenance and repair technician
- Mechanical, Electrical and Trim (MET) technicians
Individuals interested in taking this course will need to possess appropriate vehicle maintenance and repair, accident repair and autoglazing knowledge and skills at level 2 or equivalent.
The content of this qualification has been designed to give learners the knowledge and skills required to work safely whilst carrying out diagnostic, testing and repair activities to ADAS sensors and systems. This may include vehicles that have or have had accident damage for wheel geometry adjustments.
It contains one mandatory unit covering knowledge of (but not limited to):
- working safely when working with vehicle ADAS systems
- the importance of following the correct procedures when working with ADAS vehicle systems
- the importance in the relationships between vehicle manufacturers and aftermarket component producers in relation to ADAS technical information
- use of tools, equipment and correct environmental conditions required when working with ADAS vehicle systems
- dynamic, static, dynamic-static calibration and describe the principles and processes
- the importance of understanding what is being calibrated and how the calibration is being performed
- set up the work environment to enable successful testing and calibration of ADAS systems
- carry out the calibration of ADAS sensors
- suitable testing methods for assessing the configuration of set parameters and relevant symptoms presented
As a result, learners successfully completing this qualification will acquire significant core knowledge and skills and the ability to work safely and calibrate ADAS sensors
Apply for this course
Want to talk to someone?
Do you have a question that we haven't answered so far? Talk to our admissions team. We're here Monday-Friday 8.30am-4.30pm.