TOP COURSE HIGHLIGHTS
Realistic working environment
You will be able to choose from a wide variety of activities including hairdressing, media make-up, gel polish application, and body massage to name a few, this will give you an insight into the various aspects of the profession not covered in your first year.
Learn from Industry experts
The staff that you will be taught by have extensive knowledge of the industry as well as employer engagement opportunities to prepare you for the real working environment.
Enjoy professional surroundings
Our working hairdressing salons all contain the latest industry-standard equipment and resources.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
Modules may include:
- Create a Hair & Beauty Image using colour
- Presenting a professional image
- Shampoo and Conditioning
- Styling and Finishing
- Make-up application
- Hand and Nail Care
- Maths and English
WHERE WILL IT TAKE ME?
This qualification’s primary purpose is to prepare you for progression into the hair or beauty industry. On successful completion of Level 1 Hair and Beauty skills you could progress onto a Level 2 Diploma in either Hairdressing or Beauty Therapy or gain employment as a supervised assistant or Apprentice.
You must attend an interview with the course manager, no prior qualification is required, however a good aptitude for working in the sector is essential.
Your achievement in this subject is dependent upon excellent attendance, punctuality and effort. You will learn in a friendly salon atmosphere, using a variety of assessment methods:
- You will be assessed regularly on you written assignment work that is conducted either as homework or under timed conditions in class and given feedback on your progress.
- Discussions and presentations are a vital part of our assessment process and you will be expected to contribute to those with presenting your work to your peers and tutor.
- Your performance will be reviewed 3 times during a 1:1 session with your personal tutor. Mock examinations will also be undertaken on each unit throughout your course.
- You will undertake practical assessments on each unit in the salon show casing your skills.
- You will be formally assessed on each unit that you study. The assessments are completed on a regular basis so there is no end of year exam, your work is presented in a portfolio either in a ring bind folder or electronically.
- Mock exams will be administered in Maths and English towards the end of the year and your final exams will also be set to ensure progress on to a higher level. Coursework and assignments are compulsory.
Information & Support
Working within the Student Services area, the Student Support team will see you on a 1:1 basis and offer advice and guidance on financial, personal and emotional issues. A professional team of staff work together with your personal tutor to support you so that you can successfully complete your course and recognise pathways to progression after leaving College.