What to expect
Players will have up to four hours per week of badminton related activities, including individual racket skills, drills and preparation for match play. All Academy players will receive additional support and advice on strength and conditioning and gain access to the College’s extensive fitness facilities.
The College plays in the Association of Colleges Sport tournaments and cups, with the opportunity to qualify for the national finals, as well as a range of county and regional schools tournaments. In recent years the badminton team has been very successful on a national stage: they were winners of the AoC National Cup in 2014 and 2016, and had representatives in the South West team at the AoC National Championships.
The Badminton Academy provides high-quality coaching and fixtures on a regular basis. Last season, [my brother and I] won the BCS mixed team cup and became the U17 County Doubles Champions.
- 2010 – British Colleges Cup Champions.
- 2011 – British Colleges Cup Finals.
- 2012 – British Colleges Cup Finals.
- 2013 – British Colleges Cup Finals, 3rd place.
- 2014 – AoC National Cup Winners.
- 2016 – AoC National Winners.
- County honours for 10 Academy players in 2013.