What to expect
Students involved in the programme will work with UEFA A and B licensed coaches, using the FA’s Four Corner Model of Learning, and will take part in around six hours of football-related activities per week. The Four Corners cover practical and theoretical learning across a wide range of topics such as:
- strength and conditioning;
- nutrition and hydration;
- sports injury/physiotherapy.
Players in the Chelsea FC Foundation Truro squad will usually be of county standard or higher, and compete in the National U19 Football Youth Development League. The team plays against AFC Bournemouth, Chelsea FC Foundation (Dartmoor), Cheltenham Town, Exeter City, Plymouth Argyle and Swindon Town.
You'll play in official Chelsea kit and students will also take part in Chelsea FC Foundation’s annual Competitions Day where all of their college academies are invited to compete. Both students and coaches involved in the programme benefit from world-class training at Chelsea FC’s Cobham Training Centre throughout the year.
All students will have the opportunity to compete for places in any of the College’s four teams:
- Chelsea FC Foundation Truro – National Football Youth League (U19 - South West Division)
- Truro College 1st Team – ECFA Category 2 South West League
- Truro College 2nd Team – Cornwall Schools & Colleges Development League
- Truro College 3rd Team – Cornwall Schools & Colleges Participation League
Playing football with my friends and peers day in day out, every week gives me the drive and desire to want to play at the highest level that I possibly can.
- 2010 – Cornwall Schools and Colleges League Semi Finalists
- 2010 – County Cup Semi Finalists
- 2011 – County Cup Finalists
- 2012 – County Cup Winners
- 2012 – BCS South West Division 2 Champions
- 2017 - National Football Youth League (U19 - South West Division)
- Harry Evans Final BCS England trial – 2013.
- Joe Stone and Harry Evans SW Colleges team – 2013.
- Cody Cooke was signed on a semi-professional contract with Truro City on completion of his BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Sports Performance and Excellence.
- James Ward, an ex-student who studied BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Sports Development, Coaching and Fitness represented Welsh Universities v England.
- Kieran Conibear-Trathen & Danny Carne Professional contract with Bodens BK in Sweden.
- Chloe Richards has recently been voted top female player in the North American Colleges League (at University of Alabama).