We focus on the Edexcel GCSE English Language course.
This provides a strong foundation in literacy skills for further academic/vocational study and for employment.
The objectives of the Edexcel GCSE (9–1) in English Language are to enable students to:
- read a wide range of texts fluently and with good understanding
- read critically and use knowledge gained from wide reading to inform and improve their own writing
- write effectively and coherently using Standard English appropriately
- use grammar correctly; punctuate and spell accurately
- acquire and apply a wide vocabulary
- listen to, understand and use spoken Standard English effectively
- 19th Century Literature
- Imaginative Writing
- 20th/21st Century Non-Fiction
- Transactional Writing
- Delivering a Speech
The tutors have extensive teaching experience and relevant qualifications in the subject.
Want to talk to someone?
Do you have a question that we haven't answered so far? Talk to our admissions team. We're here Monday-Friday 8.30am-4.30pm.