This programme is designed for practising team leaders and supervisors. It is also ideal for new team leaders, helping to support the transition from working in a team to leading a team.
By attending the course learners will:
- Develop leadership and management skills and put these into practice at work
- Improve their personal and their team’s performance
- Develop the skills and confidence needed to lead a team effectively and improve team performance
- Develop an understanding of communication and the important role it plays
- Gain an internationally recognised qualification that is valued by employers
- Understand your role as a team leader
- Use feedback and action planning to drive improvements
- Set and clarify objectives
- Identify and resolve team performance issues
- Motivate your team to achieve organisational objectives by providing effective recognition and constructive feedback.
- Identify effective team behaviours and methods to develop these in your team
- Understanding the importance of maintaining a healthy and safe work environment
- Developing a knowledge of relevant legislation and the risk assessment process in order to reduce risks in the workplace and maintain a productive environment
To gain the award, learners need to complete three work-based assignments. This course requires self-study outside of the scheduled sessions.
Apply for this course
Want to talk to someone?
Do you have a question that we haven't answered so far? Talk to our admissions team. We're here Monday-Friday 8.30am-4.30pm.