This includes more services and more direct routes straight to our Truro and Penwith campuses. This means it will be easier for many students to arrive at College later or leave earlier if their timetable allows. You are able to choose to use the transport provider which provides the best option for you. Bus companies include ‘Go Cornwall Bus’, Cornwall by Kernow network (First), OTS and Hopleys. Details of bus company passes and tickets can be found on each bus company’s website and some additional information regarding some routes can be read below.
Please see the proposed routes/networks and timetables of the bus companies on their websites to see which is best for you. Provisional route maps for both Truro College and Penwith College are also linked below.
- Truro - Go Cornwall Bus
- Penwith - Go Cornwall Bus
- Truro - Kernow Network (First)
- Penwith - Kernow Network (First)
Public bus networks are subject to change. Please check carefully before you purchase your pass/tickets.
Bursary and subsidised bus pass information
How much bursary support will I get and how much will I have to contribute towards my bus pass?
We understand that many students travel a long distance to college and that the costs of travel are high. The College can help most students with the costs of travel. This year the College has received an increase in bursary funds, and we are able to reduce the costs of travel for many students from September 2021.
We will give bursary support to students towards their bus pass from the bus company of their choice.
The support levels are detailed below:
- A. Families with an annual household income up to £21k will receive an annual bursary award of £495* towards their bus pass
- B. Families with an annual household income between £21k and £31k will receive an annual bursary award of £445* towards their bus pass
- C. Families with an annual household income between £31k and £70k will receive an annual bursary award of £295* towards their bus pass
*on application and dependent upon a minimum of 90% attendance each term for help in the following term).
Students from families with household incomes exceeding £70k are not eligible for government bursary support.
To apply for a bursary
To apply for a bursary and for possible further financial support and/or a daily meal allowance, please complete a Truro and Penwith College Bursary Application Form which can be downloaded below. Further details of the bursary scheme are available from the Student Services Teams at each campus.
- Truro - 01872 305718
- Penwith - 01736 809407
Important Information - (Please note: The below is for 2021-2022 Academic Year)
Students whose household income is less than £70,000 per year may receive subsidised travel. Higher Education students are not eligible for a subsidised bus pass.
These files are Microsoft Word files and may not work on mobile devices.
- Bursary Guidance Notes - Truro Campus: to help complete the form.
- Bursary Application - Truro Campus
- Childcare Application Form - Truro Campus: In addition to the Bursary Application Form. This is for students over 20 and needs to be completed by student and childcare provider and returned together with SCAN of child/rens birth certificate/s.
*All Truro forms to be returned to Student Services, Mylor Building, Truro College, TR1 3XX
Contact the Transport Desk on 01872 305702.
- Bursary Guidance Notes - Penwith Campus: to help complete the form.
- Bursary Application - Penwith Campus
- Childcare Application Form - Penwith Campus: In addition to the Bursary Application Form. This is for students over 20 and needs to be completed by student and childcare provider and returned together with SCAN of child/rens birth certificate/s.
If you’d like to study at the College, and we agree that we have an appropriate course, we will do our best to help you come here.
Please return the completed application form and evidence of household income to:
Student Services, Penwith college, St Clare Street, Penzance, Cornwall, TR18 2SA
Contact the Transport Desk on 01736 809407
Where can I buy my bus pass?
- Apply for a bursary (please see above)
- Wait for approval
- Make your payment online to the College for your chosen bus company
(Click here to pay online).
How and when will I receive my bus pass?
You will receive a code to activate a mobile app on your phone. Students who may find this particularly difficult should speak to the Student Services team at College.
You must be in possession of a bus pass BEFORE you start College. If you do not hold a pass you will be required to pay the fare to the driver on the day.
If you have a problem, please contact us:
Truro: 01872 305702.
Penwith: 01736 809407