recognised for excellence
In recent years the College has won a number of prestigious awards, including featuring twice in the Sunday Times "Best Places to Work" survey, achieving gold status annually in the Workplace Health Awards. We were thrilled to be awarded Beacon Status in recognition of excellence and innovation in the Learning and Skills sector, and our Ofsted Outstanding Status is a source of great pride. Since the Outstanding Ofsted report, Truro and Penwith College has achieved a number of additional national awards, which include The Association of Colleges Beacon Awards for Leadership and Governance (2017) and Mental Health and Well-being (2018); for which we were also presented with the Leading Light Award.
In 2020, we received matrix re-accreditation for the quality of our Information, Advice and Guidance. The College is also accredited with Investors in People, Investors in Diversity, Matrix accreditation and Beacon Status.
We continually invest in buildings, facilities and resources for our students across all ages. Recent developments include the opening of the £7.3m South West Institute of Technology building at Truro College, investment in new Science labs at Penwith College and the opening in 2023 of the STEM and Health Skills Centre in Bodmin, a brand-new education hub for students in the north east of Cornwall.
Located in a stunning county with dramatic coastline, captivating fishing harbours, spectacular beaches and a world class food scene, Cornwall is a great place to live and Truro and Penwith College a great place to work.
AoC Beacon Award for Mental Health and Wellbeing & Leading Light Award
Cornwall & Isles of Scilly Workplace Health Gold Award
Cornwall Sports Awards - Active Workplace of the Year
- Competitive salaries
- Generous occupational pension schemes for academic and support staff
- Supportive family friendly and flexible working and Hybrid working policies
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Generous holiday and sickness entitlements including the opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- Free Library membership
- Free parking at our Truro and Penzance campuses
- We invest in facilities
- We have fun (team days and social events)
- We value staff development
- Free health and wellbeing programme including access to our onsite Gym and a range of exercise classes and wellbeing activities
- Free recreational courses
- Staff discounts at local leisure and retail establishments
- Free health checks and corporate eye care scheme
- Accessible campus and facilities
- Free access to Counselling and Mental Health Advisors
- Workstation Assessments/Occupational Health Referrals
- Excellent facilities onsite for relaxation and rejuvenation at discounted prices – restaurants, coffee shops and salons