2024/2025 Term Dates

Term dates for the College and University Centre academic year 2024/2025 are now available online.

Home » Funding/Free Courses

funding & free tuition

Depending on your circumstances and the course you would like to study, there may be funding available to help you.

funding and free tuition

Are you an Adult Learner (19 years of age or older) considering studying a Level 1, 2, or 3 course?

Depending on the course, you may be eligible for full funding if one or more of the following circumstances apply to you:

  • the course will be your first full Level 2 qualification
  • the course will be your first full Level 3 qualification
  • you’re unemployed and in receipt of Universal Credit, Employment & Support Allowance (ESA), or Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
  • you’re employed and earning less than £20,319 per annum

To find out more, please email mis@truro-penwith.ac.uk

advanced learner loan

Are you an Adult Learner (19 years of age or older) considering studying an Access to Higher Education Diploma, or other Level 3, 4, 5, or 6 vocational qualification? Where funding is not available due to your circumstances, you may be eligible for a government-backed Advanced Learner Loan to help you pay for your course fees. The loans are not subject to credit checks, and household income is not considered. Repayment of the loan is linked to what you are earning and is not payable until you are earning more than £25,000 per annum.

To find out more, please email Alice Shaw on alices@truro-penwith.ac.uk

Advanced Learner Loans are administered by Student Finance England (SFE). Student Finance England is a Student Loans Company Service, providing financial support to students on behalf of the UK Government. More information is available here: Advanced Learner Loan: Overview - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

For the majority of qualification courses, any fees payable to the Awarding Body for registration, examination entry and certification will be collected, together with the course fee payable, before the start of the course.

Where this is not the case, the additional payment due will be stated. If you are enrolled on a qualification course, you will automatically be registered with the awarding body and entered for any examinations provided the fee has been paid. 

If you need to re-take any examinations, you will need to enter for these separately and make a re-entry payment to the examinations office. You will then receive written advance notification of the arrangements for formal examinations and written confirmation of your results.

Certificates will be posted to the address given on your enrolment form, so please do contact the part-time courses team about any change in your contact details.

Any questions about registration, examinations or certification should be directed to the Exams Office on 01872 308179  for Truro-based students or 01736 809019 for Penwith-based students. The email contact for both sites is EXAMSOFFICE@TRURO-PENWITH.AC.UK.

If you are a candidate attending at either site and require examination concessions for medical reasons or because of learning difficulties, please contact the Exams Officer, Emily Moss, as early on in your course as possible on 01872 308179 or EMILYMOSS@TRURO-PENWITH.AC.UK.

If you are eligible for free tuition (see categories above) or your gross annual household income is less than £21,000, you may be entitled to financial support towards childcare while attending your course.

Financial assistance for the purchase of materials for certificated courses may also be available. For guidance, contact Student Services on 01872 305711.

In addition to the Bursary Application Form. This is for students over 20 and needs to be completed by student and childcare provider and returned together with SCAN of child/rens birth certificate/s.

Truro College Childcare Application form

Penwith College Childcare Application form

The Future Skills Institute adult learning team can help with funding:

Our colleges

Truro College
College Road

  • Reset
  • Result Type