Investing in Cornwall’s Future Skills
The College’s 19+ career-driven learning options are backed by multi-million-pound infrastructure developments, placing its Future Skills Institute facilities amongst the best the UK has to offer.
From the state-of-the-art £7 million South West Institute of Technology building, with some of the best Engineering and Digital facilities the UK has to offer, to future focussed Electric Vehicle Labs, Nursing Simulation Suites, industry-standard Hair & Beauty Salons, Commercial Kitchens, significant investment in Renewable Construction and beautiful Business training facilities at our Tregye campus, whatever skills you need to boost your business and career, you can be confident you’ll be receiving top-quality training in first-class facilities and learning environments.
Developing Future Skills for the Future landscape of Cornwall
Whether you’re taking your first step on the career ladder, are preparing for a move into a senior leadership position or need bespoke industry training solutions to fill skills gaps or upskill your workforce, the Future Skills Institute at Truro and Penwith College is your quality, future-focussed, training provider with help, support and first-class facilities every step of the way:
- Training developed in partnership with employers to meet industry need.
- Industry-expert tutors who are highly experienced professionals in their field.
- ILM Approved Skills Centre for Leadership and Management.
- Reaching new heights in Cornwall’s space sector in partnership with key organisations in both the execution of Cornwall’s space race and its supply chain.
- Leading the electric vehicle revolution with state-of-the-art Electric Vehicle Labs and associated training.
- Focussing on Cornwall’s future sectors, careers and revenue streams with sustainability at the heart of everything we do.
- Bespoke training programmes designed in partnership and from scratch to meet employer need.
- Multi-million-pound, state-of-the-art, purpose-built facilities that match the best the UK has to offer.
- Help to access funding to support the costs of training.
Our Business Partnership Consultants and Tutors are highly skilled industry experts
New for September 2023: STEM and Health Skills Centre, Bodmin
The new £6.3 million Truro and Penwith College STEM and Health Skills Centre in Bodmin enjoys close partnerships with employers in East Cornwall. The Centre offers 120 Apprenticeships per year and is expected to help 300 people annually into further learning, as well as creating new sector specific jobs.
With support from the Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Local Enterprise Partnership, which has met £3.78m of costs through the UK Government’s Getting Building Fund, the centre will offer a range of post-16 education, University Level qualifications and Apprenticeships in Engineering, Digital, Manufacturing, Healthcare and Nursing.