Start of year guide

We have created a start of year checklist so new and returning students, parents and carers can find all the information needed to make the start of term as seamless as possible. You can find this checklist and other important information in the Start of Year Guide.

Home » Contact us » International Students

Applications From

The information below is aimed to assist international students in their application at the College. An international student is any person who has applied to study at Truro & Penwith College and has lived outside of the United Kingdom for the last 3 years (including British Nationals) or is not a UK citizen.

Important documents and funding

Truro & Penwith College does not have a licence to sponsor international students under the new student route visa scheme. International students who are looking for a licenced-institution are advised to check this link at

International applicants, with the right to reside in the UK will be asked, once they apply, to provide some or all of the following documents* and information before they can be assessed for funding.

  • A copy of the biodata page of their passport.
  • Home Office or UK Visas and Immigration letters/documents (and those of any parents if the applicant is under the age of 18).
  • Biometric Card (front and back and those of any parents if the applicant is under the age of 18).
  • If they have settled status, provide a code for checking.
  • Two recent school reports (or equivalent).
  • Details of what qualifications they have already obtained and which they are currently studying (with English translation if the originals are not in English).
  • Details of where the applicant and their family have been living in the three years prior to you coming to the UK (including location and reasons for living there).

If they are already resident in the UK, they will be asked to supply information detailing when they moved to the UK and who they are living with here. If they are living with parents or a partner with a Biometric Residence Permit, they will be asked to provide evidence of this.

Please note: if their qualifications were gained overseas, they will need to confirm what their qualifications are equivalent to for the UK. The UK national agency for international qualifications and skills is the designated United Kingdom national agency for the recognition and comparison of international qualifications and skills. It performs this official function on behalf of the UK Government:

The process of checking these documents can sometimes take between 4-6 weeks, therefore we are encouraging applicants to provide these documents as soon as they are requested.

Should you require any further information please contact

*The documents required are subject to change in accordance with the requirements of the funding bodies. Interviews cannot be arranged until all the necessary documents are in place and we have satisfied the EFSA funding criteria and college admissions requirements.

Students are asked to apply to study at the college through the online application process

Our colleges

Truro College
College Road

  • Reset
  • Result Type