We have a dedicated team supporting students with their emotional and physical wellbeing. Through one-to-one sessions, confidential advice and group activities, we aim to create a happy, healthy environment.

Health, wellbeing and sport

Truro and Penwith College is committed to providing diverse and fully inclusive recreational activities alongside the Sports Academy provision for every single student. We are passionate about offering a whole range of activities that will slot perfectly into students’ timetables and ultimately help them achieve their academic and personal goals. Our promise is to make promoting health and wellbeing throughout campus our priority.

We run an exclusive range of activities, which include drop-in lunchtime sessions that are available for students to pop into and relax and socialise with friends. Other opportunities include attending exercise classes, getting motivated at the gym before lectures or catching the female-only swim and fitness classes.

Sports Maker and Activators

The Truro and Penwith College Sports Maker oversees a team of Activators who ensure the deliverance of the national award-winning Health, Wellbeing and Sports programme and focus on motivating and engaging students.

This outstanding programme has been developed through consultation with Sport England, Association of Colleges Sport, College Student Council, Cornwall Sports Partnership and many national governing bodies for sport.

Find details about all activities and events on Facebook and Twitter.

Mental Health

We have full-time qualified advisers dedicated to offering students and staff advice and support on mental health issues. Appointments can be made through Student Services or by contacting the mental health advisers directly. For Truro campus, email Sarah Hodder at sarahhodder@truro-penwith.ac.uk. For Penwith, contact Suzanne Mansfield at suzannem@truro-penwith.ac.uk.

Counselling support

Some students, whilst studying, may experience emotional and personal issues that need to be shared with a qualified counsellor. We offer a professional counselling service for students to help you explore situations causing concern. Contact Student Services for more information, or email:

Personal Support

If there are any issues that you need advice and support with, such as anxiety, relationships or drugs and alcohol, you can see a personal adviser trained in welfare support. They can also advise on benefits and other matters. For more information, contact Student Services.

Got a question?
Our Student Services team is here to offer help whenever you need it.

Find out more