Brokers deal in commodities, stocks, shares and foreign exchange on behalf of clients or on own account, broker insurance and reinsurance, and buy and sell shipping and freight space.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £11,554.03. Normal pay is £42,535 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £80,986.71.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Collects freight charges from client and undertakes all necessary formalities concerning customs and the loading/unloading of cargo.
- Obtains cargo space, fixes freight charges and signs and issues bills of loading.
- Arranges for the production of auction catalogues, fixes reserve prices, attends auction and bids on behalf of client, or negotiates purchase/sale by private treaty of goods not sold at auction.
- Provides independent advice on the suitability of insurance schemes and places insurance on behalf of client.
- Records and transmits buy and sell orders for stocks, shares and bonds and calculates transaction costs.
- Analyses information concerning market trends for commodities, financial assets and foreign exchange and advises client and employer on the suitability of a particular investment.
- Discusses buying and or selling requirements of client and gives advice accordingly.
- Advises client on the suitability of particular insurance schemes and places insurance on behalf of client.