Bus and Coach Drivers
Bus and coach drivers drive road passenger-carrying vehicles such as buses, coaches and mini-buses.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £9,707.28. Normal pay is £22,278 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £31,720.98.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Maintains records of journey times, mileage and hours worked.
- Balances cash taken with tickets sold and may be responsible for cleanliness of vehicle.
- May plan routes in conjunction with private hirer and assist with loading and unloading of luggage.
- May collect fares from passengers and issue tickets or ensure that they use a ticket machine.
- Stops and opens and closes doors at pre-arranged places to allow passengers to board and alight, observing regulations concerning the number of passengers carried.
- Drives single- and double-decked vehicle over pre-determined route, complying with traffic regulations and keeping to time schedule.
- Checks tyres, brakes, lights, oil, water and fuel levels and general condition of the vehicle before start of journey.