Catering and Bar Managers
Catering and bar managers plan, direct and co-ordinate the catering and bar facilities and services of licensed premises, factories, shops, theatres, educational premises and other establishments. They also manage outside catering businesses and shops selling food cooked on the premises.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £11,371.57. Normal pay is £21,791 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £32,914.60.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Checks that supplies are properly used and accounted for to prevent wastage and loss and to keep within budget limit.
- Verifies that quality of food, beverages and waiting service are as required and that kitchen and dining areas are kept clean in compliance with statutory requirements.
- Purchases or directs the purchasing of supplies and arranges for preparation of accounts.
- Decides on range and quality of meals and beverages to be provided or discusses customer.
- Plans catering or bar services and supervises staff.