Members of the clergy provide spiritual motivation and guidance, conduct worship according to the form of service of a particular faith/denomination and perform related functions associated with religious beliefs and practices.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £10,901.82. Normal pay is £24,396 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £31,289.71.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Undertakes administration and social duties as required.
- Provides pastoral care to members of the congregation in their homes and in hospitals and counsels those in need of spiritual or moral guidance.
- Performs marriages, funerals, baptisms and other special religious rites.
- Provides and arranges the provision of religious instruction to congregation members.
- Interprets doctrines and instructs intending clergy members in religious principles and practices.
- Prepares and delivers sermons and talks and leads congregation in worship.