Dental nurses prepare patients for, and assist with, dental examinations, prepare and sterilise instruments and maintain case records.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £9,239.81. Normal pay is £18,275 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £28,973.75.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Maintains records, processes and mounts x-ray films and undertakes reception duties.
- Removes water and saliva from patient.
- Assists with minor treatment, such as preparing materials for fillings.
- Hands required equipment and medication to dentist during examination.
- Prepares and sterilises instruments and follows guidelines to maintain sterile conditions within the surgery.
- Prepares patient for examination.