Dispensing opticians supply, fit and service spectacles, contact lenses and other optical aids in accordance with a prescription from an ophthalmologist or optometrist.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £9,645.50. Normal pay is £23,671 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £52,018.62.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Fits spectacles and advises patient on lens care and any other difficulties likely to be experienced.
- Ensures that completed spectacles conform to specification and fit the patient correctly and comfortably.
- Prepares detailed instructions for workshop.
- Advises patient on lens type and choice of spectacle frames.
- Interprets prescription and measures patient.