Driving instructors co-ordinate and undertake the instruction of people learning to drive cars, motorcycles, buses and haulage vehicles.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £11,310.74. Normal pay is £26,818 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £41,445.90.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Advises pupil when to apply for theoretical and practical driving tests and familiarises them with test procedures and standards.
- Familiarises pupil with the Highway Code and different road and traffic conditions.
- Explains driving techniques and assists pupil with difficulties.
- Plans lessons in accordance with the needs and abilities of individual pupils.
- Checks instruction and learning standards and discusses teaching plans with other instructors.