Elementary Storage Occupations
Workers in this unit group supply berthed ships with water, oil and petroleum, load and unload cargo from ships, boats and barges, convey household and office furniture, goods, equipment or other items in or near warehouses, depots, slaughterhouses, etc., prepare requisitions or despatch documents of stocks held, accompany drivers of road vehicles, and perform other elementary goods handling and storage related tasks.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £12,533.69. Normal pay is £21,243 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £34,364.69.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Accompanies driver on journey and assists with manoeuvres and to load and unload vehicle.
- Retrieves stored items as listed on order sheets, makes up orders against requisitions and prepares goods for despatch.
- Undertakes the loading and unloading of goods and conveys goods about storage area.
- Packs furniture and household goods into crates and cartons for storage.
- Loads and unloads goods from removal vans or delivery vehicles either by hand or using trolleys and lift trucks.
- Removes grappling attachment from cargo and stows cargo in hold or loads cargo on to transport or into warehouses.
- Attaches winch or crane hooks, slings, ropes or clamps to load, signals to crane driver to commence lifting, visually checks that load is balanced and ensures that route is clear for movement.
- Arranges cargo on quayside or in hold for loading or unloading and selects appropriate hook, chain, rope, sling or other grappling attachment.
- Attaches hoses to ship.