Estimators, Valuers and Assessors
Estimators, valuers and assessors plan and undertake the calculation of probable costs of civil, mechanical, electrical, electronic and other projects, estimate the value of property and chattels, and investigate insurance claims to assess their validity and to assign liability.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £15,235.17. Normal pay is £29,925 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £56,977.76.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Examines insurance documents to assess extent of liability and gathers information about incident from police, medical records, ship.
- Prepares comprehensive estimates of time and costs and presents these in report or tender form.
- Assesses costs of materials, labour and other factors such as required profit margins, transport costs, tariffs and fare structures, possible hazards, etc..
- Assesses condition, location, desirability and amenities of property to be valued.
- Examines plans, drawings, specifications, parts lists, etc. and specifies the materials and components required.