Furniture Makers and Other Craft Woodworkers
Furniture makers and other craft woodworkers make, repair and restore wooden furniture, decorative objects and other crafted pieces of woodwork.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £12,829.85. Normal pay is £27,500 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £42,064.83.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Matches and marks out veneers ready for cutting and examines and repairs defects in veneer or plywood sheets.
- Measures floor area to be covered and lays wood blocks, parquet panels or hardwood strips.
- Removes, replaces or repairs damaged parts of wooden furniture.
- Assembles parts with crafted joints, nails, screws, dowels or adhesives and fits locks, catches, hinges, castors, drawers, shelves and other fittings.
- Selects, measures, cuts and shapes wood using saws, chisels, planes, powered hand tools and woodworking machines.
- Examines drawings and specifications to determine job requirements and appropriate materials.