Glaziers, Window Fabricators and Fitters
Job holders in this unit group install pre-glazed wooden, metal or PVC framework, and cut, fit and set glass in windows, doors, shop fronts, and other structural frames.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £14,411.94. Normal pay is £19,757 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £27,934.13.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Fixes mirror panels to interior and exterior walls and repairs and replaces broken glass.
- Applies mastic, putty or adhesive between glass and frame and trims off excess with knife.
- Smoothes edges of glass and positions and secures in frame or grooved lead strips.
- Scores plain, coloured, safety and ornamental glass with hand cutter and breaks off glass by hand or with pliers.
- Examines drawings or specifications to determine job requirements.