Horticultural trades workers intensively cultivate vegetables, plants, fruit, shrubs, trees and flowers in greenhouses, market gardens, nurseries and orchards.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £10,854.26. Normal pay is £20,933 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £33,693.22.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Supports trees by staking and wiring.
- Prunes and thins trees and shrubs.
- Propagates plants by taking cuttings and by grafting and budding, applies weed-killer, fungicide and insecticide to control pests and diseases.
- Sows seeds and bulbs and transplants seedlings.
- Mixes soil, composts, fertilisers and/or organic matter and spreads fertiliser and manure.
- Prepares soil in field, bed or pot by hand or machine.