Hospital porters perform various manual tasks in hospitals to assist nursing and domestic staff with the care of patients.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £4,488.93. Normal pay is £19,691 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £41,786.55.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Assists with unloading and delivery of supplies.
- Collects and disposes of refuse from wards and other departments.
- Moves hospital equipment and furniture.
- Assists with the delivery of meals, laundry, medical supplies and post to the wards or theatres.
- Lifts, escorts and wheels patients between hospital wards.