Importers and Exporters
Importers and exporters buy commodities from overseas for the home market and sell home-produced commodities to overseas markets.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £13,855.72. Normal pay is £25,922 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £49,356.48.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Advises home and overseas producers on the likely future demand for their goods.
- Carries out customs clearance procedures for imports, arranges their storage and delivery and sells them personally or through a commodity broker.
- Arranges for shipment of commodities overseas and ensures that insurance and export licences are in order.
- Obtains orders from buyers and arranges payment by bill of exchange, letter of credit or other means.
- Investigates and evaluates home and overseas demand for particular commodities.