Insurance underwriters identify and measure the risks associated with an activity, determine whether this risk is insurable and issue insurance polices which provide financial compensation in the event of loss.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £13,750.36. Normal pay is £25,320 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £48,209.67.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Negotiates terms of reinsurance contracts.
- Ensures that the insurance policy clearly defines the liabilities accepted and any exceptions or exclusions.
- Calculates premiums, provides quotations and, if acceptable to the client, issues policies.
- Liaises with insurance surveyors, actuaries and risk managers where the risks associated with a proposal are not clear.
- Identifies and evaluates the risks associated with a proposal.
- Receives and assesses proposals and propositions for insurance from brokers and clients.