Other Drivers and Transport Operatives
Jobholders in this unit group monitor the activities of bus drivers, conductors and other road transport depot drivers, undertake various tasks related to water transportation, and perform other transportation tasks.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £16,590.63. Normal pay is £39,052 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £63,913.04.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Guides horses or ponies and drives horse drawn vehicles to transport goods and passengers.
- Operates and maintains locks, opens and closes moving bridges across inland waterways and docks, and measures depth of water in canals, rivers, etc. to determine possible dumping or dredging sites.
- Operates and maintains lighthouses and navigational lights in harbours, and assists in mooring craft.
- Checks that goods have been correctly loaded into vehicle, monitors and records information from tachograph, and arranges for servicing, refuelling, cleaning and repair of depot vehicles.
- Organises relief and replacement crews as necessary, ensures compliance with regulations regarding the carrying of passengers and luggage, and submits reports of any irregularities.
- Checks that vehicles run as scheduled, monitors number of passengers travelling particular routes and makes recommendations for improvement of services.