Print Finishing and Binding Workers
Print finishing and binding workers bind books and other publications and finish printed items by hand or machine.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £8,979.31. Normal pay is £18,915 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £27,928.08.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Sets up and supervises automatic binding and finishing machine.
- Repairs worn book bindings.
- Embosses lettering or decoration on cover by hand or machine.
- Cuts board and cloth for book cover and spine.
- Trims head, tail and fore-edge of book and gilds and marbles page edges as necessary.
- Compresses sewn book in nipping machine to expel air and reduce swelling caused by sewing.
- Folds, collates and sews printed sheets by hand or machine.