Roofers, Roof Tilers and Slaters
Job holders in this unit group cover roofs and exterior walls with felting, sheeting, slates, tiles and thatch to provide a waterproof surface.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £13,686.17. Normal pay is £25,173 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £33,654.45.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Seals edges of roof with mortar and ensures that joints are watertight.
- Lays, aligns and secures successive overlapping layers of roofing material.
- Lays and secures underfelt and covers with hot bitumen or other adhesive compound.
- Cuts wooden battens, felt and underfelt to required size.
- Measures roof or exterior wall and calculates required amounts of underfelt, tiles, slates or thatching material.